This fun and quick little breakfast is a variation on over easy eggs, this is definitely comfort food! I like eggs over easy but don't really enjoy them without bread to dip in the runny yokes (the best part!). This morning I remembered that I made Gluten-free pancakes the other day and had a few left over so I decided to try them with with the eggs. I cut a hole in pancakes and fried the eggs snug in the hole. Along with a strong cup of Sumatran coffee this made for a tasty and satisfying breakfast!. This would also be great with syrup.
Eggs in a Basket
2 gluten free pancakes (GF waffles or bread can also be used)
Salt and pepper
• Heat frying pan to medium, butter the pan.
• Cut a hole about 2" (5 cm) in diameter in the middle of each of the pancakes
• Place the pancakes on the pan, break an egg into each hole, salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook for about 2 minutes, them flip the pancakes using a spatula.
• Cook for about 2 more minutes, or until done, serve hot and enjoy!