Rosemary Fried Potatoes

This is a nice and easy breakfast recipe. I like to cook eggs in the morning and now that bread is mostly out of the picture for me I'll often serve these potatoes with my eggs as a source of carbs to make breakfast the filling meal it should be. A few times I made runny over easy eggs and broke the yoke over these fried potatoes. Last weekend we had company I served them with ham and spinach frittatas and sliced cantaloupe. Now that's a good breakfast!

Rosemary Fried potatoes
Serves 4

2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion - chopped
6-8 medium red potatoes- washed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 stalks of fresh rosemary or 2 Tbsp dried rosemary
Sea Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
sprig (or two) of fresh parsley chopped (optional)

__________________

Cover chopped potato with water in a pot, add salt to the water and bring to a boil
Boil until potatoes slide easily off of a sharp knive, about 10-15 minutes
Heat a large frying pan to medium with the olive oil, once hot add the onion, salt and pepper
Strain potatoes in a colander and stir them into the frying pan with the onion
Mix in the rosemary, continue cooking stiring frequently with a spatula so potatoes don't stick to the bottom of the pan. Add more olive oil if the pan gets too dry
Cook until potatoes start turning brown and crispy on the outside, stir in fresh parsley (optional) serve hot, enjoy!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Excellent! I love simple food like this! I'm going to try it!

D :)

Anonymous said...

Jeff, You are a drop dead good looking chef...brilliant as well as talented. And in my humble opinion, an absolute gift to all mankind. Mom